Change keyboard focus on move to new desktop

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
dkarr
Lachende Köchin
Lachende Köchin

Change keyboard focus on move to new desktop

Postby dkarr » 19.05.2014 19:44:32

It seems to me that there was a time that when I would switch to a new desktop, that Dexpot would change the window with keyboard focus from the old window to the "primary" window in the new desktop.

This doesn't happen anymore. I don't know if this went away in a previous version, or it happened when I switched from my old laptop to my new laptop (both Win7, old: Dell 32-bit, new: HP 64-bit).

Now, when I switch to a new desktop, the focus seems to be on the "primary" window in the new desktop, but if I start typing, I find that those keys go to the window that had keyboard focus in the previous desktop. I have had to get into the habit of clicking the mouse in the window after moving to the new desktop (which is quite annoying).

dkarr
Lachende Köchin
Lachende Köchin

Re: Change keyboard focus on move to new desktop

Postby dkarr » 20.05.2014 16:28:23

I guess I've essentially resolved this with a setting in Windows Seven: Having a window take focus when the mouse hovers over it (Ease of Access Center).

dkarr
Lachende Köchin
Lachende Köchin

Re: Change keyboard focus on move to new desktop

Postby dkarr » 02.06.2014 19:01:06

Note that having "hover focus" solves this particular problem, but is an annoyance in itself. For instance, when Outlook spawns meeting reminder dialogs, if I don't move the mouse to that window immediately, the window gets hidden. I then have to move the mouse back to the status bar to get the thumbnail for the window, click it, and then quickly move the mouse to the window. It often takes me 2-3 tries to get this right. I wish Dexpot would make a reasonable guess of a window to give focus to when I switch to a new desktop.

Return to “Support”