Dexpot crashes, Taskbar Pager cannot be reactivated

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Rogesrs

Dexpot crashes, Taskbar Pager cannot be reactivated

Postby Rogesrs » 20.04.2014 02:36:44

My machine is Windows 7 64 Pro with Dexpot 1.6.12.2416 (I also run DisplayFusion Pro 5.11, the latest version)

My problem is that Dexpot is crashing. When I manually run Dexpot again, the Taskbar Pager will no longer be running.

When I go to Dexpot's Settings / Plugins, the Taskbar Pager cannot be checked. All of the other plugins can be checked.

This issue first occurred last week. When I could not determine a solution, I uninstalled and re-installed Dexpot. That solved the issue for a few days, but it has now reoccurred.

I would send a Windows crash report, but Dexpot and Taskbar Pager have never created Windows crash windows.

Thanks

Patrick
Developer

Re: Dexpot crashes, Taskbar Pager cannot be reactivated

Postby Patrick » 22.04.2014 12:29:08

:dex:

How do you know that Dexpot crashes if there's no error message, Windows crash dialog, etc.? Could you try to start the Taskbar Pager manually by going to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dexpot\plugins" and double-clicking on "Taskbar Pager.exe"?

Rogesrs

Postby Rogesrs » 22.04.2014 20:14:58

It's either crashing or shutting down. When it has previously occurred, I'll come back to my computer after a few hours, the machine remaining on continuously and Dexpot will no longer be running. There will be no Windows crash window. When I check task manager, Dexpot is not there.

After running Dexpot again, the Taskbar Pager cannot be run.

If it happens again, I'll try to run Taskbar Pager directly. I've since uninstalled Dexpot and re-installed it again. It's been working for two days without issue. The same happened last time. It ran for a few days without issue, then crashed and disallowed Taskbar Pager from running.

I've read a number of forum posts about this condition, where in Taskbar Pager could not be checked from within Dexpot. Is there a solution for this issue if it reoccurs?

Thanks

Rogesrs

Postby Rogesrs » 29.04.2014 01:49:14

It just happened again, but does fix itself if I manually execute Taskbar Pager.exe. After directly running the exe, I can even check the box within Dexpot's settings.

Is there any fix for this behavior?

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 30.04.2014 12:36:04

Do you run Dexpot as administrator?

Postby Guest » 30.04.2014 17:46:54

Patrick wrote:Do you run Dexpot as administrator?

No, I don't. I've never run Dexpot as administrator.

Rogesrs

Postby Rogesrs » 01.05.2014 01:57:49

Now, ever time I reboot my computer I have to manually start Taskbar Pager.

Dexpot is running at startup, Taskbar Pager is not. After I run Taskbar Pager, I can then check its box within Dexpot's settings. Prior to manually running Taskbar Pager, I cannot check the box.

Rogesrs

Postby Rogesrs » 19.05.2014 00:57:10

I uninstalled again, then re-installed again. It worked fine for most of week, now it again requires me to manually restart Taskbar Pager every time I restart my computer.

Any ideas on the best method to fix this issue?

grantkjohnson

Postby grantkjohnson » 01.11.2014 00:00:55

I am seeing what is probably the same problem. I am actually on these boards today because I am finally so frustrated by it that I have come looking for a solution.

I am also on a Windows 7 machine running Dexpot 1.6.14, Build 2439. This issue has been bothering me for awhile. The Taskbar Pager (TBP) is definitely my favorite/most used feature. It was definitely occurring on builds prior to 2439. I just updated and the problem stil exists. I am running Dexpot as an admin. :(

What I see is that TBP simply stops working. If I reboot my machine, it is simply gone from the taskbar. If I then go to the Dexpot plugins settings, the choice is still there to activate TBP, but no matter how many times I click the checkbox, I cannot select/activate it. I have enclosed a screenshot. Of course you probably can't tell, but I just tried to check the box over and over and it won't let me.

The suggestion to do to go here (C:\Program Files (x86)\Dexpot\plugins) and manually start Taskbar Pager absolutely works. Thank you. It also makes it super easy to replicate the issue. Once restarted manually, if I go to the settings and uncheck the plugin, I cannot recheck it to turn it back on. I have to go back to the plugins folder and reactivate it again. If I have the settings window open while I manually activate TBP, the checkbox becomes checked.

I have now pinned Taskbar Pager.exe to my taskbar so I have an easy work-around when it quits. This makes me very happy so I won't bitch, but something is wrong with it. Thanks!

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 01.11.2014 15:42:07

Does this only affect Taskbar Pager or other plugins as well?

nobody cares

Postby nobody cares » 04.12.2014 21:53:46

I've also experienced this problem with taskbar pager

Return to “Support”