Controls for Next and Previous desktop should stop at ends

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
stolsvik

Controls for Next and Previous desktop should stop at ends

Postby stolsvik » 10.10.2013 09:31:32

I would much prefer that the desktops didn't cycle when I use the Next and Previous Desktop feature (I e.g. have Ctrl+Alt plus arrow keys) - so that when I was at Desktop 1, or at Desktop <last>, going further did nothing.

The reason for this, is that then I can just arrow left x 5, and be CERTAIN that I end up on leftmost desktop (which is my mail/comms setup), and thereby I get a "reference point" from where to navigate to the rest of the desktops.

I realize that this is very subjective, so it should be possible to enable or disable this feature.

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Controls for Next and Previous desktop should stop at en

Postby Sebastian » 10.10.2013 09:46:01

:dex:,

enable 'Dexgrid' from the plugin list in 'Settings > Plugins and Extras'. Click "Configure". Set number of rows to 1, make sure wrap around is disabled.

You might have to re-assign your hotkeys in 'Settings > Controls > Hotkeys' afterwards.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

stolsvik

Postby stolsvik » 10.10.2013 10:11:59

(wave) :D Stellar!! :D (wave)

ajlowndes

Postby ajlowndes » 31.10.2013 03:02:29

This doesn't seem to work. I have ALT+SHIFT+O and ALT+SHIFT+P set to Previous and Next, the number of Rows in DexGrid is 1, and the option to "Wrap Around" is not ticked (off). But it still wraps from Screen 1 to Screen 4 if I press ALT+SHIFT+O, and from Screen 4 to Screen 1 if I press ALT+SHIFT+P. Is this a bug? I have "Show desktop switching animation" ticked.
I tried turning "Wrap Around" on, no difference. Tried turning it off again, still no difference.
Any ideas?

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 31.10.2013 11:57:30

You need to use the Dexgrid plugin's own "Switch left" and "Switch right" hotkeys. The wrap around setting does not apply to the built-in next/previous hotkeys.

Postby Guest » 01.11.2013 04:53:39

Excellent! Thanks for pointing that out.

FYI, if anyone else finds it useful - I used AutoHotKey to hijack the mouse-wheel-tilt commands and give the Dexpot switch keys instead. Do you mind if I post AHK code here? Here it is:

Code: Select all

; Remap the Mouse Wheel Tilt commands to do useful things with Dexpot:
VK9D::       ;  Mouse Tilt Right
  Send !+p    ;  Next Screen (Alt Shift P)
  sleep 500
return

VK9C::      ;  Mouse Tilt Left
  Send !+o    ;  Previous screen (Alt Shift O)
  sleep 500
return
Note that MS Mouse and Keyboard Centre cannot be installed to use this, or AHK won't capture the mouse tilts at all...

Return to “Feature requests”