Firefox migrating between desktops

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
dkarr
Lachende Köchin
Lachende Köchin

Re: Firefox migrating between desktops

Postby dkarr » 25.03.2013 18:45:48

What "time" it happened, you mean corresponding to event log entries? I don't know for certain, but it would have been in the last ten minutes corresponding to the log.

I have keyboard shortcuts for moving through the desktop grid. I have a 3x3 grid. If I'm sitting on desktop 7, I would press UP, UP, UP, RIGHT to move to desktop 2. It's movements like that that often leave windows from the original desktop in the desktops I went through.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 25.03.2013 18:53:07

Ok, thanks. I'll look into it.

Mike

Postby Mike » 05.04.2013 09:30:21

Patrick wrote:Thanks. I was able to reproduce the problem by locking the session the way you described. Please try this version:

dexpot.exe

I tried it, but still does the same thing, copying Firefox windows to my main desktop, and as a possible side effect, all of a sudden after upgrading to this version, at the same time I have this problem, my taskbar moves from the bottom of my screen to the top, but that continues even after I exit Dexpot. Just got done with a night of playing BF3, up plate, and tired, ;-) but I'll try to concisely reproduce again and create another log file, hopefully tomorrow.

-Mike

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 08.04.2013 00:03:56

The test version specifically addresses the session locking issue and nothing else. Are there other ways to trigger the problem?

jeea

Postby jeea » 07.05.2013 19:40:00

It's completely chaotic. It happens with all kinds of programs. I cannot find a pattern. I have tweaked every setting, reinstalled, and upgraded. At some point, it breaks again. Windows bleed across desktops. I'll look into other products as well...

Return to “Support”