window catalogue changing...

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
hockyfan

window catalogue changing...

Postby hockyfan » 17.05.2012 18:04:35

Hi everyone! I'm using the Beta version of Dexpot, and recently, the "action" of my Window Catalogue keeps changing. Specifically, when I first start the program, activating window catalogue simply "zooms out," and shows my active windows with my desktop background.

However, after a period of time, when I activate window catalogue, it still zooms out and show my opened windows - but now, it also shows a big black title bar across the top of the screen that says "Desktop 1," and a similar black bar on the bottom of the screen that shows the name of the currently selected program.

If I close/reopen Dexpot, it goes back to the original view - of just showing a catalogue of my open windows without any black bars... However, again, after a few minutes, it reverts back to the "black bar" version.

Any ideas would be appreciated - thank you!

Patrick
Developer

Re: window catalogue changing...

Postby Patrick » 20.05.2012 12:51:15

:dex:

The one with the black bars is the old Dexpot 1.5 style catalog, the one without is the new DexControl beta.

It's only supposed to fall back to the old version when the Windows Aero Theme is disabled or there's another problem that prevents DexControl from working. Can you ckeck if there's still a DexControl.exe process in the Task Manager when you get the black bars? What's your Windows version?

hockyfan

Re: window catalogue changing...

Postby hockyfan » 20.05.2012 14:07:47

Interesting - the new one is much better! As of now (my computer was recently restarted), it's the new version... But the next time it switches I'll be sure to take a look at the taskmanager and see what's running. I'm using Windows 7 - 64 bit version. Program works great otherwise - thank you!!

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”