Bug - Load Profile doesn't doWallpaper Clock settingss well

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
Rexkix

Bug - Load Profile doesn't doWallpaper Clock settingss well

Postby Rexkix » 12.09.2011 18:33:29

Hi guys. I love your product. It's the best part of my new computer and it's free. I tell everybody to get it. I'm planning on sending you some money soon.

------------------------------------------

1. My environment:

- Windows 7

I've got a lot of other things running always, including:

- Drivers for Bluetooth receiver
- Drivers for X360 controller receiver
- Ultramon
- Core Temp

Quite often, I'm also running:

- Firefox
- XEmacs

BUG:

Loading Dexpot profile often doesn't apply Dexclock correctly. Sometimes Dexpot loses the path to the Clocks folder.

DETAILS:

Sometimes it works perfectly, but most typically it loads but doesn't apply the Wallpaper Clock settings. When at the Wallpaper Clock interface, everything looks correct for the newly loaded profile. If I change the "Position" (i.e. Center, Fill, etc.) and hit the Apply button, the wallpaper for the old profile is modified, but if I toggle the "Use 24 format" checkbox, the correct wallpaper is used.

Sometimes Dexpot completely loses its path to the Clocks folder. I haven't figured out the pattern here. When this happens, I believe sometimes the wallpaper loses the clock and sometimes the clock is frozen, though I'm not sure. I just noticed that my machine is in this state now with the time reading from yesterday afternoon (!!), and I only noticed now.

----------------------------------------

BONUS BUG:

(I believe this is an Ultramon bug. I just reported it to them in their Support forum.)

Sometimes, when switching between my TV and my PC, I lose my Taskbar, complete with the Windows button. I have to use tricks to reboot my machine, like Ctrl-Alt-Del or using the Windows key to bring up the Windows Menu.

I believe this happens when I switch too fast between the my PC and TV Ultramon profiles. I probably need to slow down.

I hope this helps. As I said, I'm a huge fan now. Thanks!

ajbastien

Re: Bug - Load Profile doesn't doWallpaper Clock settingss w

Postby ajbastien » 18.03.2012 15:04:43

I have similar issues with Wallpaper Clock. It sometimes switches to an older settings (different wallpaper). Sometimes it shows the analog hands on a digital clock wallpaper.

Is there some way to reset everything?

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”