Applying wallpapers on multiple monitors to Window Catalog

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
Tokyo Boy

Applying wallpapers on multiple monitors to Window Catalog

Postby Tokyo Boy » 10.12.2014 00:04:14

When I am applying different wallpapers on Windows 8, Dexpot will not follow it, like the image below.
http://imgur.com/a/LQCQO

it seems that Dexpot cannot detect it.

I want Dexpot to follow the wallpaper change with slideshows of Windwos 8, without manual setting in Dexpot customization of wallpapers.

Tokyo Boy

Re: Applying wallpapers on multiple monitors to Window Catal

Postby Tokyo Boy » 04.02.2015 09:41:43

If the multiple wallpapers were set by Windows system, in the folder C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes there would be files named Transcoded_000, Transcoded_001, Transcoded_002, and more, based on the number of monitors connected to Windows, and each images are different.

http://i.imgur.com/pbXS4hE.png

Therefore if Dexpot is capable of tracking the folder C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes, the problem Dexpot can't apply the multiple wallpapers to to the windows catalogs etc. would be solved.

I cannot apply C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\Transcoded_000 in Desktop Configuration on Dexpot. Maybe the problem is that the file doesn't have any file type.

zeganos

Postby zeganos » 28.11.2015 04:06:13

I had the same problem you can fix it by going to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows and your wallpapers there and use CTRL to select the ones tat you want to be wallpapers and then Right click on one background->Set as desktop background.

good luck :D

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 13.01.2016 16:00:38

:dex:,

Tokyo Boy wrote:I want Dexpot to follow the wallpaper change with slideshows of Windwos 8, without manual setting in Dexpot customization of wallpapers.

this is not supported (that's the reason your thread is located in the feature suggestion section, right? :D).
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Feature requests”