Perfectionism will make this perfect!!

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
CerebralFreeze

Perfectionism will make this perfect!!

Postby CerebralFreeze » 05.05.2017 06:55:17

I have my settings set so that each desktop has its own customized icons. About 80% of the time, they do stay in the spots that I leave them there. When I move a lot of icons, I make sure to save my profile in settings.

I was wondering if there was a way to take that 80% and make it 100%? Also, can we also apply these principles sl that the arrangement of icons within the FOLDER windows will be saved as well. And while we're at it, is it possible to save the positioning and shape of the folder window or appwindow?

Is Dexpot capable of doing this on its own?If not, does anyone have any suggestions like other programs that might work well with Dexpot? I used DesktopOK for a little bit but it would screw up occasionally. There's IconRestore, Iconoid, IconToy, ReIcon, etc.

Is there a program that users or the developers suggest that really work well with Dexpot to save icon locations?

Positining of windows (eg. WindowPad, WinNumpad Position, WinSplit Revolution, etc?)

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Perfectionism will make this perfect!!

Postby Sebastian » 12.05.2017 12:16:59

:dex:,

CerebralFreeze wrote:I was wondering if there was a way to take that 80% and make it 100%?

when does this happen exactly?

Also, can we also apply these principles sl that the arrangement of icons within the FOLDER windows will be saved as well.

What are folder windows?

And while we're at it, is it possible to save the positioning and shape of the folder window or appwindow?

Nope. If I get you right, you're suggestion a resume feature.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

CerebralFreeze

Postby CerebralFreeze » 15.05.2017 19:28:21

[quote="Sebastian"]:dex:,

I don't know exactly when. I'll try to take note of it from now when it occurs and I'll let you know a week from now.

[quote]Also, can we also apply these principles so that the arrangement of icons within the FOLDER windows will be saved as well.[/quote]
What are folder windows?

I meant file explorer windows (aka folders). Instead of the desktop icons located on the desktop, can we arrange the order of the icons within the file explorer windows? Occasionally, they do stay in the same position when I closed that window the last time but usually, they revert back to having the icons all lined up in a a row when I open that folder.

For example, say I have a folder labeled "Programs" on my desktop and I double click it so it opens. Inside this folder, I will have arranged all the Microsoft Office program icons together on one side of the folder and then Word documents on the right side in a triangle pattern. Is it possible to have this icon arrangement saved?

[quote]And while we're at it, is it possible to save the positioning and shape of the folder window or appwindow?[/quote]
Nope. If I get you right, you're suggestion a resume feature.[/quote]

Would it also be possible that the folder (that was labeled Programs) will always opens on the right, lower side of the monitor?

CerebralFreeze

Postby CerebralFreeze » 15.05.2017 22:10:04

Basically, it would be awesome if Dexpot could to 2 big things.

I. You can save the location of any icon within every Windows File Explorer Window.

II. When you start up your computer and Dexpot boots up automatically as well, it would be awesome if certain programs would open up in certain positions on your monitor. For example, OneNote would open up in Desktop 1 always at the top right quadrant of my monitor. A Microsoft Word File that contains my To Do List would open up in the upper left quadrant. And a Microsoft Excel would open an timeline in the lower half of the monitor.

Or, can Dexpot already do that now and I missed it? Or is that something that we can get a 3rd party program to do? If so, do you recommend a program that works well with Dexpot? I tried DesktopOk. It would work sometimes but not all the time. I thought maybe something like "Display Fusion" or "Actual Muliple Monitors" would work but I wasn't sure how compatible all these programs are to each other.

(In fact if you could publish a list of 3rd party programs that supplement Dexpot and you know is pretty compatible with it, that would be awesome.)

Return to “Feature requests”