Integrate desktop preview into windows taskbar as a toolbar?

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
dazbradbury

Integrate desktop preview into windows taskbar as a toolbar?

Postby dazbradbury » 29.12.2006 15:01:07

Hi,

Ok, this is one great program, but just to steal something from Linux, wouldn't it be possible to create a windows toolbar interface for the desktop preview option?

That way, you would no longer need a floating window to use desktop preview, and it would all be nicely integrated into the taskbar...

Thanks in advance!
Daz.

Igor

Re: Integrate desktop preview into windows taskbar as a tool

Postby Igor » 10.01.2007 12:17:47

Hello

dazbradbury wrote:Ok, this is one great program, but just to steal something from Linux, wouldn't it be possible to create a windows toolbar interface for the desktop preview option?

I suppose you refer to desktop switcher from gnome:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/nld ... asics.html
See: 2.3.3 Bottom Panel

That would be nice too.

Igor

dazbradbury

Postby dazbradbury » 12.01.2007 13:20:18

Exactly, that would be amazing...!

gent

Postby gent » 31.10.2007 23:01:34

I agree. I like dexpot the most from all the windows options, but the only functionality I need is really that of the linux workspaces.

And while having all desktops 1,2,3,4 in the system tray is close, the system tray isn't really ideal, plus there's no preview.

Having such a taskbar setup would rock.

Travicane

Re: Integrate desktop preview into windows taskbar as a toolbar?

Postby Travicane » 07.01.2009 05:58:33

An Alternate Suggestion:

Replace the four little Monitor icons of the Desktop Manager with the Icon based graphics of the standard Desktop Preview Function.
:cool:
I believe this would actually be a more graphically useful interface than I currently get in my Ubuntu boot.
What Ubuntu provides, in the bottom task bar Desktop Identifiers, is not much more than a visual nudge to help me remember what I have placed on each desktop.

I think Dexpot would provide a much better user experience than Ubuntu with this change. I do not mind the small Desktop Manager Mini Monitor Array in the bottom right.

I have been using Dexpot for one day, and here I am suggesting enhancements!
This is the Best Windows XP Desktop Manager that I have seen. I have tried several others, and none of them has lasted more than a couple of days.
This one looks like a keeper.
Regards

Travicane

Return to “Feature requests”