Suggestions about Password-protected desktops

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
Daiz

Suggestions about Password-protected desktops

Postby Daiz » 24.07.2006 13:18:38

So, I like that you have the option to have passwords for desktops, but the feature lacks a few things.

First of all, you can still see the picture of the desktop in the full-screen preview. Would you add that, for example, that instead of the preview picture there could a picture of lock and text "Password-protected desktop".

And then there is also another thing with the full-screen preview. When you click on a passworded desktop, the password window doesn't pop up, so you have to type your password blindly and press enter to get anywhere from that point.

Otherwisely, Dexpot is a great program. Good work, please continue to develop Dexpot! In my opinion it's the best virtual desktop program available at the moment.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 24.07.2006 15:45:04

Mahlzeit. :dex:

Confirmed. :ok: Someone might want to file a bug... or two. The second problem also applies to the Window catalogue.

Daiz

Postby Daiz » 24.07.2006 18:27:12

Another idea that came to my mind would be hidden desktops, and by them I mean that you could make a desktop "hidden", so it doesn't show in the dexpot rightclick listing, or in any of the preview-things or manager and you can't for example use the next desktop-feature to go to hidden desktop and you must use a hotkey/some other way to access it.

Also the "password protected desktop"-thing in previews could be optional for every pasword protected desktop.

So in total, I think you should work on security and privacy settings in Dexpot ;)

Gobo

Postby Gobo » 24.07.2006 19:39:01

Someone has filed a bug here and here ...
Mit freundlichen Grüßen (wave)
Jochen Boy, Das Dexpot-Team
--
http://www.dexpot.de/

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 25.07.2006 13:57:22

:mrgreen:

Postby Guest » 14.12.2007 14:29:20

The bug was filed, but one year later and have not been resolved! :cry:

Return to “Feature requests”