Dexpot crashing on startup after installing Duet Display

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
juanito_brazil

Dexpot crashing on startup after installing Duet Display

Postby juanito_brazil » 20.01.2016 01:17:43

Is anyone else successfully running Dexpot with Duet Display?

I´m running Dexpot on Windows 8.1 (MS Surface Pro 3) and have been testing it for about a week with no problems. Loving it!

Today I installed Duet Display, which allows you to use a connected iPad or iPhone as an external display. This is the dream: multiple displays with virtual desktops, all of it lightweight and mobile!

Upon completion of installation, Duet requested to reboot the machine. Once rebooted, in Windows Desktop, when the Duet software is running and an iPad is connected, Dexpot seems to crash and it is no longer possible to click on anything (e.g., to close applications) with the exception of options available after hitting control-alt-delete (from here I click to restart).

When I reboot without an iPad connected and wait several minutes after rebooting to plug in the iPad, Dexpot does not crash and everything works great for several minutes. Then the Duet app crashes. Restarting Duet will get it to run for at least several minutes. Sometimes Duet crashes again every five minutes, sometimes it is fine for over an hour. (For what it's worth, I installed Duet on another Win 8.1 laptop and it is not crashing)

Has anyone come across this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Dexpot crashing on startup after installing Duet Display

Postby Sebastian » 20.01.2016 11:48:42

:dex:,

since I own an iPad 1 only, I'm unable to test it.
Please try the following:

1) Set Duet Display's *.exe to all desktops via 'Assign applications' or your mywechsel.ini (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1915 - action 'sticky' or 'ignore').
2) Disable 'Settings > Appearance > Add Dexpot entries to the system menu of all windows'.
3) Enable 'Settings > Plugins and Extras > Advanced > Keep Foreground Lock Timeout'.

Restart Dexpot and Duet Display in every case mentioned above.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

juanito_brazil

Postby juanito_brazil » 21.01.2016 23:17:24

Many thanks / danke for this Sebastian!

It is now working fine.

I followed all the steps and have confirmed rebooting a couple times that it now works perfectly.

More details in case this helps anyone else, am using a MS Surface Pro 3 (Win 8.1) and iPad 2 running iOS 9.2 and Duet.

Beers on me if you ever get to Sao Paulo!

Thanks!

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 25.01.2016 09:18:38

do you know which step exactly fixed it?
Best regards (wave)

juanito_brazil2

Postby juanito_brazil2 » 20.02.2016 21:05:32

Hi Sebastian,

My apologies for the delay in responding. I did not see your last response until just now.

I have to be honest, I did not completely follow the steps. I added the .exe for Duet in the wechsel.ini, rebooted and voila! it was fine.

Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem.

juanito_brazil2

Postby juanito_brazil2 » 20.02.2016 21:07:53

What I meant to say was I added the line: "Duet.exe=ignore" to the [Exe] section in the wechsel.ini file.

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 21.02.2016 11:15:32

thank you for your feedback. That was part of my 1).
Best regards (wave)

Return to “Support”