Icons Appearing on All Desktops

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Comafly

Icons Appearing on All Desktops

Postby Comafly » 24.12.2015 15:16:59

Hello everyone, first of all, I have read the start guide and this thread detailing why some icons appear on every desktop. It says to remove all icons from the Public Desktop folder, and to put all your icons in your specific user folder. I have done that, and the issue persists.

As you can see, I have no icons in the Public Desktop folder, they are all in the User folder, and I have enabled separate desktop icons in the Dexpot settings menu. However, I am still unable to customize icons on the 2 desktops - if I create or delete an icon on one desktop, it is mimicked on the other - however I am given a clean taskbar when switching desktops. I have tried reinstalling the application, I have checked the option to run it as administrator, I don't know what else I can do.

Could I please get some advice with this issue?

Thank you very much for your time.

Green Desk

Re: Icons Appearing on All Desktops

Postby Green Desk » 28.12.2015 01:02:25

Hi Comafly, I hope my answer is not too late...
I had the same issue, so here is what I did :

- Like you've already did, Enable separate Folder for each Desktop (like in your Screenshot), but what i did is to uncheck " Use original Windows desktop folder as Desktop 1"

- So if you have 2 desktops, you will see in your C:\User folder 3 desktops folders (Desktop + Desktop 1 + Desktop 2),
Remember I unchecked the option : " Use original Windows desktop folder as Desktop 1", so the Desktop Folder must be "Empty":
- Cut your desired Icons from the Desktop Folder, and Paste them into your desired other Desktop Folders (Desktop 1 and Desktop 2)
- Only then you will no longer have the same icons appearing in all Desktops.

I hope i was enough clear :)

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Icons Appearing on All Desktops

Postby Sebastian » 13.01.2016 15:12:41

:dex:,

Green Desk wrote:Remember I unchecked the option : " Use original Windows desktop folder as Desktop 1", so the Desktop Folder must be "Empty"

that's incorrect.

Comafly, please enable the *.log file, restart Dexpot, switch desktops, then send the file to my email address.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Support”