Can't install Dexpot because my antivirus blocks it

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
User

Can't install Dexpot because my antivirus blocks it

Postby User » 10.11.2015 17:38:35

Hi,

I can't install Dexpot because my antivirus blocks it. It says "possible unwanted software/OpenCandy"

Solution: Please remove OpenCandy (aggressive adware / potential spyware / uses social engineering) from your software and use other, less aggressive and more reputable vendors for monetization.

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Can't install Dexpot because my antivirus blocks it

Postby Sebastian » 11.11.2015 09:13:50

:dex:,

at this point, this is no solution. We're in contact with OpenCandy. Let's see what they can do about it.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

User

Postby User » 11.11.2015 12:52:12

Thanks for the clear / honest statement.
So you are basically telling me that your "right" for profit maximization weights more than my right of not being infected with aggressive adware and spyware that uses social engineering to make me install this even if I don't want to.
Ok, then I will not use Dexpot and instead warn everyone about Dexpot.

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 11.11.2015 14:04:48

OpenCandy shows an ad during the installation process. The advertised software is installed optionally and is hand-picked by us. Also, if you don't want to this ad to be displayed, you may download the portable or disable OpenCandy. Please read Avira's and OpenCandy's description carefully. There is no spyware or malicious software included.
Best regards (wave)

User

Postby User » 11.11.2015 15:04:09

may compromise the user’s privacy and the security of the local system

Code: Select all

use social engineering to make the user install additional offers during the installation of the software the user originally wanted

I already have some experience with OpenCandy and the point is that the option to unselect unwanted applications is so extremely well hidden you are guaranteed to oversee it if you are not a computer expert. That's what Avira means by "social engineering" by the way. Oh and did you know that the OpenCandy installer phones home? So even if you manage to unselect OpenCandy you are still being spied.

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 11.11.2015 15:30:26

see here for more info: http://opencandy.com/privacy-matters/
Best regards (wave)

Return to “Support”