Taskbar Right-click-Icon-Menus only work on 1 desktop!!

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
cowcowcow

Taskbar Right-click-Icon-Menus only work on 1 desktop!!

Postby cowcowcow » 21.08.2015 20:09:51

This is driving me insane and I've lost about 5 hours to it.

I use many pinned folders and files (for programs pinned to the taskbar) so I need to be able to right-click
on them to access those pinned options (or even see the recently used files for that program).
For some reason the menu's only open on 1 desktop!

FOR EXAMPLE: It will work on desktop 1 fine, but then if I go to desktop 3, all right click functions
on the taskbar icons don't open a menu on that desktop. They instead open it on desktop 1!!!!
This means I have to switch back to desktop 1 to see the opened menu, at which point it's absolutely
useless (because anything I click on there will just open it in desktop 1 instead of 3).

This happens without fail (I have tried it 100 times), and the ONLY thing that will get it to work
on another desktop is killing (and restarting) the explorer process.
What is so unbelievably frustrating is that this just causes the problem to migrate to that desktop (meaning
that desktop now becomes the ONLY one they will show on).

I have tried restarting the computer multiple times.
I have re-installed the program fully (and it still happens).

WTF is happening???????

I'm on win 10 enterprise.

nowl27

Re: Taskbar Right-click-Icon-Menus only work on 1 desktop!!

Postby nowl27 » 06.09.2015 11:21:57

I'm experiencing something very similar.

Initially, I thought right-click wasn't working at all, but it looks like the right-click menu is popping up on Desktop 3, for me (I currently have four desktops). Intermittently, when right-clicking, I will be switched to Desktop 3 and the right-click menu will flash briefly (less than 1 second). If it does that, it appears that subsequent right-clicks show up on Desktop 4.

As I'm writing this and testing, the behavior is getting more and more inconsistent. Some right-clicks are flashing the pop-up on the current desktop. Some are causing the switch to Desktop 3, some are displaying the right-click pop-up on Desktop 4.

Currently, after restarting the Windows Explorer process, right-clicking (with Dexpot still running) isn't showing any pop-up menus at all.

I exited Dexpot and still have no right-click functionality. After restarting Windows Explorer, right-clicking is working okay again.

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Taskbar Right-click-Icon-Menus only work on 1 desktop!!

Postby Sebastian » 11.11.2015 10:14:01

:dex:,

try the following file (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6078#p36816).
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Support”