Going to desktop #2 auto-swaps me to desktop #4

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
gojensen

Going to desktop #2 auto-swaps me to desktop #4

Postby gojensen » 12.01.2015 13:04:14

So, I've been using Dexpot for a few years now - and sometime last fall I got this issue.

My setup is 4 virtual desktops which I frequently change between - and I've set up the hotkeys ALT-[1-4] to help me with this. "Recently" I lost the use of desktop #2. When I press the hotkey, the systray menu or the tiles from the taskbar pager for desktop 1, 3 and 4 everything works fine. When I press to go to desktop #2 the system swaps, shows me the correct wallpaper and desktop name for a second or less and then switches to desktop #4.

This error has been with me for atleast two updates of Dexpot and I'm currently running the latest version, or so it tells me anyway... I don't believe I have any special config for Dexpot either...

Anyone ever had something like this happen? It's a bit of a pain to not be able to use that desktop, though I could always go for 5, but my routine is setup around the 4 hotkeys now :) (I use different desktops for different workflows...)

gojensen

Re: Going to desktop #2 auto-swaps me to desktop #4

Postby gojensen » 12.01.2015 14:46:39

Drat... I had searched and googled but didn't find that :D

THIS:> Open 'Settings > Plugins & Extras'. Check 'Behavior of windows and other desktops'.

Changed from "switch" to anything else and it resolved my problem. I tried the "Move" first to see if I got any apps on desktop #2 moved from #4 - but no. Not sure what causes this... and why it would only apply to desktop #2...

Return to “Support”