DexTab hotkey...

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker

DexTab hotkey...

Postby guest » 18.03.2005 22:45:14

hi, ive set dex tab hotkey to replace the existing windows alt tab system, i was wondering if there is anyway to set alt shift to go back up the list like you can on the windows one.

if this is not possible maybe this could be a feature request?

thanks.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 19.03.2005 12:23:58

Hi. :dex:

That should work already. When you press Shift in addition to the actual hotkey the list is being walked in reverse order.
Which version of Windows are you using? Maybe try a different hotkey than the original Alt+Tab...

reply and other features...

Postby Guest » 19.03.2005 20:20:40

nope doesnt work for me :(

im using windows xp btw. even when i define it for a different key it still doesnt work :/

also i was thinking of another feature which you guys could include - in the windows powertoys their virtual desktop is a toolbar for the taskbar, maybe you could have an option in dexpot for that.

another feature request - to trnasfer windows to another desktop i have to right click the desktop icon then select the window to move. in addition to this could you add an extra option so that all you have to do is right click the program in the task bar (where is says close, maximise, minimise, restore, move etc) and select a desktop from there.

:)

Patrick
Developer

Re: reply and other features...

Postby Patrick » 26.03.2005 11:29:41

Nmorgen. :dex:

Anonymous wrote:also i was thinking of another feature which you guys could include - in the windows powertoys their virtual desktop is a toolbar for the taskbar, maybe you could have an option in dexpot for that.

Dexpot 1.4 will feature a toolbar version of the desktop preview. If only want icons to switch the desktops you can turn on the 'One icon per desktop' trayicon setting (Settings -> Appearance).
There are also shortcuts to switch desktops in the Dexpot folder in your start menu. You could turn them into a user-defined toolbar... :wink:

another feature request - to trnasfer windows to another desktop i have to right click the desktop icon then select the window to move. in addition to this could you add an extra option so that all you have to do is right click the program in the task bar (where is says close, maximise, minimise, restore, move etc) and select a desktop from there.

Activate 'Add Dexpot entries to the system menus of all windows' in the settings ('Appearance' tab) and you should see something like this:

Return to “Support”