Can Cube be rotated by dragging with mouse?

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
aboutblank

Can Cube be rotated by dragging with mouse?

Postby aboutblank » 18.08.2014 11:42:39

I've search for an answer to this question in the forum, but have come up empty handed.

I recently installed Dexpot 1.6.13, Build 2429, and am delighted with it! What an excellent piece of software!

Perhaps I am hallucinating, but I thought that when I first installed it, I could use the Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow keys to zoom the current face of the cube "out", and then "grab" part of the face by clicking on the desktop and holding the left mouse button, then drag the cube left or right to the next face. (I know that Compiz has this feature, and I've used it recently, so maybe am confusing myself?!)

Now, I find when I try to drag the cube with the mouse (after zooming out, as above), the cursor shows a round 'working' circle and the screen turns ghostly white, and Windows (7) pops up a decision box, with the message "3d desktop switching plugin for Dexpot is not responding." My options are to Close the Program, or Wait for the Program to Respond, but if I just release the keyboard keys Alt & Ctrl (having already released the up arrow to grab the mouse), the screen zooms back out to normal.

Is this normal behavior, or has something changed in my running software to prevent 'cube dragging' from working properly?

If currently this feature is not implemented, is it something being considered for addition to the 'to do' list? It would be a nice feature, and has my vote - along with the possibility of showing the top and the bottom of the cube when dragging with the mouse, similar to Compiz.

Thanks for any help!

aboutblank
August 18, 2014

Patrick
Developer

Re: Can Cube be rotated by dragging with mouse?

Postby Patrick » 18.08.2014 15:10:59

:dex:

No, there is currently no 'cube dragging' support. Yes, it may be added in a future version.

Return to “Support”