White flash for black background in some programs

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
spiritRKS1910

White flash for black background in some programs

Postby spiritRKS1910 » 12.06.2014 21:43:57

Hello

I use:
Dexpot 1.6.13 Build 2429 Portable
Windows 7 64 bit
CPU I7-2600K + integrate graphics (actual drivers)

In some programs, like Notepad++ and IrfanView (when have black background in this program), if switching to pulpit when this program is open I get white flash before I see black background. It's very tiring and prevents long work. Any solutions? The problem is some programs, graphics card or how Dexpot working?

I noticed, that when run Firefox (even Chrome) and maximise it, then I see in this white flash actual content of Firefox:) But even when close Firefox still see this efect in Notepad++ and can't coding with this issue.

Patrick
Developer

Re: White flash for black background in some programs

Postby Patrick » 13.06.2014 00:27:11

:dex:

Yes, some programs may redraw when switching desktops, leading to such a flashing sensation. I'm personally not aware of any problems with Notepad++ though.

Try enabling the option "Settings > Switching Desktops > Keep all taskbar buttons visible" and see if that helps. Or maybe try the Dexcube plugin (with the "Fade" animation for example).

spiritRKS1910

Re: White flash for black background in some programs

Postby spiritRKS1910 » 13.06.2014 02:16:59

Patrick wrote::dex:
Try enabling the option "Settings > Switching Desktops > Keep all taskbar buttons visible" and see if that helps.

This help, now don't have long white flash, but still sometimes see short flash and some text before see corect content of program (especially when run Firefox or open and maximized some window folder). Can live with that but better if this noises would not occur. In the other side " Keep all taskbar buttons visible" is not convenient for me, I open a lot of things and this introduces a mess.

Now I test Dexcube plugin, and its seems this solution is better, just turn of Multithreading, select Breakfast Plate efect (and set animation speed to 0). With this I don't need select " Keep all taskbar buttons visible". Can we control animation speed for taskbar button when switching to other pulpits? I don't preffer any animation and would be nice turn of this efects.

Return to “Support”