Customized Desktop Icons on Unlocking Computer

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Akuji

Postby Akuji » 06.03.2005 21:39:58

First let me thank you for providing this excellent program. I've tried quite a few virtual desktop programs, and I believe that yours is indeed the best so far!

I am having a small problem with my custom icons for each virtual desktop. I have a custom set for each of my 4 desktops. When I lock the computer, using Windows XP SP2, by pressing (windows key)+L the computer locks as normal. When I unlock the computer by typing in my password all the icons for every virtual desktop appears on the virtual desktop that I was on when I locked the computer.

I do have the "customize desktop icons" selected, and I have customized each desktop's icons using "Desktop Windows/Icons".

As a getaround the issue I've set up an easy hotkey to "Reload Icons From Current Profile", but I was wondering if there was something else I could do?

Thanks again for a great product!

Postby Guest » 07.03.2005 06:53:37

Interesting...

The problem seems to have solved itself. I don't recall changing any options, and it appears that I cannot get the issue to occur again.

On another note, I seem to have some trouble with programs that are designed to stay on all desktops. A good example is winamp. If I constantly switch between desktops I will sometimes lose part of my winamp program. That is, I will retain the playlist portion of the program but I will lose the main program window. Not really a dire issue, but something to note none the less.

Thanks!

auceto

Postby auceto » 22.03.2005 09:41:53

HI Akuji,

I've encountered the same problem and I'll try to solve it with various settings without solution...

the only way to have a partial solution is to uncheck the mark in Control Panel - Screen - ScreenSaver ... now I don't know how traslate in english this settings (I've an italian Windows version) so I'll try to explain you: it's on the right to the elapsed time setting.

This is a partial workaround because when the system go in standby status (I've a notebook) the system input password windows appears and the problem persist.

I hope that the final solution will be in next release.

bye

Patrick
Developer

Re: Customized Desktop Icons on Unlocking Computer

Postby Patrick » 26.03.2005 11:12:19

Nmorgen. :dex:

auceto wrote:I hope that the final solution will be in next release.

It's hard to solve a aproblem that isn't even reproducible. When I lock the computer (XP SP2), set it to standby, or start the screensaver and then log in again, the icons remain fully unchanged...

auceto

Postby auceto » 28.03.2005 22:28:01

Hi, Patric

I know, something it's impossible (I'm programmer too)... but I prove this and prove it again: the icon are repeated to the first desktop, all on the left side of the screen, and this is then only problem that I find in this program: it's a pity. I may describe you my OS but I don't think that this is useful for you. I remember that I've created all icons in the first desktop and I move after in the final position using the "Fenster" utility...
Tell me how I can help you to solve the problem

Return to “Support”