Dexcube performance and graphics acceleration

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
ferenczy

Dexcube performance and graphics acceleration

Postby ferenczy » 23.05.2014 17:03:55

Hi,

I'm using Dexcube for desktop switching animation. I have a quite powerful laptop (4 core Intel i7 2.3 GHz, 8 GB RAM), but desktop switching animation is really bad, even effects like filmstrip. Often it happens when I'm switching the desktop that there is about one second pause, then target desktop is switched (without effect) and then the effect is played. Sometimes there is only for example one third of the effect played, then pause and target desktop is played. On other occasions, the effect is a lot jerky.

I have primary graphic card integrated in the processor (Intel HD 4000), which is still active and dedicated nVidia GeForce GT 650M, which is activated only for particular configured applications.

I would like to try configure the nVidia card to render the Dexcube effects. I have to set particular executable for which the card will be active. What should I set there? I mean which executable renders the Dexcube effects? I have tried plugins/Dexcube.exe and also Dexpot.exe, but didn't see any difference.

I have 64 bit Windows 7, Dexpot version 1.6.12, build 2416. Only the Dexpot Message Window is 64 bit.

Do you have an idea, how to configure the graphics acceleration or how to improve the effects performance?

Thank you.

Patrick
Developer

Re: Dexcube performance and graphics acceleration

Postby Patrick » 28.05.2014 12:31:59

:dex:

Go to "Settings > Plugins and Extras > Dexcube > Configure" and disable the multithreading option.

ferenczy

Postby ferenczy » 28.05.2014 15:46:42

Patrick wrote::dex:

Go to "Settings > Plugins and Extras > Dexcube > Configure" and disable the multithreading option.

Hi Patrick,

thank you for your suggestion. It seems much better now. I thought that multithreading should improve the performance, so I had it enabled.

BTW what about graphics acceleration?

Sfqh

Postby Sfqh » 16.06.2014 18:05:12

I have the same problem, especially when i have not switched Desktops for a long time.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 17.06.2014 11:58:12

So did you try disabling the option I've mentioned above?

Sfqh

Postby Sfqh » 20.06.2014 18:35:36

Patrick wrote:So did you try disabling the option I've mentioned above?

Thanks!
In fact, my main purpose of enabling Dexcube is to extend the time of switching Desktops. There are many icons and folders on some of my Destops which would bounce or flash obviously when switching Desktops if i disable Dexcube, because Desktops switch too fast. Increasing animation speed of Dexcube can solve it. Besides, sometimes the location of some icons or folders would be wrong once switched, fortunately the hotkey of "Windows+F10" is useful , and so i wrote an executable program with VC++ to send this virtual hotkey and let Dexpot load it when switching Desktops. Finally, hope you can optimize this issue fundamentally.

Postby Guest » 27.06.2014 13:17:43

I have bad performances on FullScreen zoom-in/out: it's smooth but "sluggish" with visible lags. I tried also to change program PRI but nothing changed.
Windows 7 x64, i7 840qm, AMD 7970M 2GB DDR5.

Return to “Support”