Dexpot Use With Java App That Has Multiple Windows

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Tesamivi

Dexpot Use With Java App That Has Multiple Windows

Postby Tesamivi » 01.05.2014 17:17:34

I just installed Dexpot and need to find out if it can do what I need. The application I need to control is Think or Swim desktop (TOS). It is a Java app that runs using 64 bit Java 7. My PC is running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and has 4 LCD monitors connected to two nVidia NVS290 graphics cards. I also am running DisplayFusion Pro but not running nVidia's nView desktop manager.

TOS executes Java and has a base window that allows you to detach windows from it. The base window does not appear to be a "normal" Windows window, but the detachable windows have normal Windows borders around them, even though the Dexpot context menu does not show up when right clicking the window top bar.

As to what I want to do - I want to keep the base TOS window and three other windows that appear on monitors 1 and 2 so that they show up in the same place on all virtual desktops. I then want to have different application windows show up on monitors 3 and 4 depending on which virtual desktop I select. My question is if this is something that I can do with Dexpot? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Return to “Support”