different default browser in different desktops?

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
alamander

different default browser in different desktops?

Postby alamander » 26.04.2014 19:10:38

Hi: when a link is clicked in Desktop 1, I'd like Chrome to open; if I click a link in Desktop 2, I'd like FireFox to open. Is this possible? I reviewed how to create "rules" and I could not see a way to do this. Thanks, Alamander

Patrick
Developer

Re: different default browser in different desktops?

Postby Patrick » 30.04.2014 12:22:47

:dex:

No, there is no simple way to do this.

equiplist

Re: different default browser in different desktops?

Postby equiplist » 29.01.2016 17:34:02

Earlier, I searched for the ability to pin separate items on different desktops, and found it wasn't to be done, but pasting separate shortcuts on different desktops was an acceptable work-around.

Patrick wrote::dex:
No, there is no simple way to do this.

I knew that was the answer to this question, but I decided to search this forum anyway.

Previously, I searched for a utility program that would let me change the Win7 default browser on the fly. I did try a few items, but found nothing exceptional worth keeping. I will try that exercise again, this time with Dexpot installed. Will report back with my results.

--- update 19-Jun-2016
Dragging my feet, I finally made the switch to Windows 10 on my desktop ... and made a shortcut for settings > default apps ... this does the job

Return to “Support”