Windows getting hidden very often

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
dkarr
Lachende Köchin
Lachende Köchin

Windows getting hidden very often

Postby dkarr » 23.04.2014 00:49:33

On my old slow Win7 laptop, I often had issues with Dexpot that seemed likely due to the slowness of that laptop. I'm now using a much faster Win7 laptop, so many of those things that seemed like race conditions aren't happening anymore. However, even on this faster laptop, I'm seeing windows getting into a "hidden" state quite often. Today I've had to restore hidden windows 10-20 times.

When this happens, I can see the window on the status bar, and the thumbnail of the window comes up from the status bar, but when I left-click or right-click on the thumbnail, nothing happens.

I recently discovered how to get to the list of "Hidden" windows (the "Find Window" function), so at least I have a workaround, but I've had to do this many times today. I wish it were a little easier to get to that list. Once I get to the entry in the list, I have to right-click it and select "Show on current desktop". I would have at least thought that double-clicking on it would do that, but it does not.

jdop
Anfänger
Anfänger

Re: Windows getting hidden very often

Postby jdop » 01.05.2014 06:44:29

I had the same problem for a long time, but lately it's gone away, using the same set of apps , but later versions of dexpot. I don't know if fixes were done or not, but the problem can be very annoying.

now , thankfully, it's rare to lose a window to the hidden state. There was some thought that if the app was 'busy' when the window was asked to move back into view, it would stay hidden

Return to “Support”