Mouseover Stopped Working

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
cwnoah

Mouseover Stopped Working

Postby cwnoah » 11.04.2014 20:07:54

I am using the latest version of Dexpot on Win7. Before the last upgrade any time I hovered over the SevenDex icon on the taskbar it would show miniatures of all 4 desktop just above the taskbar, and I could click on one of them to go to that desktop. Now nothing happens when I hover. I can right-click on the icon, then click and they will show up. They don't go away when I move the mouse cursor away like they used to. They only go away when I click on another icon. Is there a setting for this or is it a bug?
Thanks,
Charlie Noah

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Mouseover Stopped Working

Postby Sebastian » 16.04.2014 17:50:11

:dex:,

could you please post or send a screenshot via email?
Hovering works fine and right-clicking should bring up the task list. I've tried with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

Does hovering work for other taskbar buttons than SevenDex?
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

cwnoah

Postby cwnoah » 16.04.2014 18:13:54

Hi Sebastian,

I'm not sure how much you could tell from a screen shot, as nothing happens when I hover over the icon. Besides, I've already downgraded to the earlier version, which works fine. Hovering works fine for other taskbar buttons. The task list does come up when I right click. Perhaps it's one of my Win7 settings. I found Dexpot when I migrated to Win7, because I was using the Microsoft "Virtual Desktop Manager" powertoy on XP, and love my multiple desktops - a holdover from my Linux days, I suppose.

If we can't figure it out, I can upgrade again and capture a movie of the problem.

Dexpot does keep reminding me there's a newer version available.

Thanks!
Charlie

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 16.04.2014 18:21:23

we could see what taskbar options you've enabled.
Build 2394 has the same SevenDex.exe as the newest build 2416.

You can disable "Check for updates" in 'Settings > Start'.
Best regards (wave)

cwnoah

Postby cwnoah » 16.04.2014 20:47:08

Installing version 1.6.12.2416 I got this error (ran install twice, no other programs running):
Error opening file for writing:
C\Program Files\Dexpot\hooxpot.dll

I retried several times with same results, then I clicked Ignore. It seemed to install, but I don't know what that dll file being missing would do. Mouse hover seems to be working right now. :o

It also installed Outfox.tv, which I do not want. I only saw a reference to it when I clicked Custom Install. This is not a good thing!

Thanks,
Charlie

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 17.04.2014 10:22:07

cwnoah wrote:I retried several times with same results, then I clicked Ignore. It seemed to install, but I don't know what that dll file being missing would do.

that's fine.

Mouse hover seems to be working right now. :o

Makes no sense. :D

It also installed Outfox.tv, which I do not want. I only saw a reference to it when I clicked Custom Install.

It's an ad shown during the installation process, which is always installed optionally. You should be able to uninstall it with a click. Please let me know if you're not.
Best regards (wave)

cwnoah

Postby cwnoah » 17.04.2014 16:05:39

Hi Sebastian,

I'm the type of guy who wants to know the why of everything. What does hooxpot.dll do? If it's OK to run without it, why is it there?

When I used Express install, I was not given the option of declining Outfox.tv. The checkbox to decline it only showed when I did a Custom install. That is the main thing I object to, although I don't like other software, especially unrelated, being included with a product I am installing.

I restarted Windows and version 1.6.12.2416 it still working - go figure!

Thanks,
Charlie

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 22.04.2014 12:15:41

hooxpot.dll is needed for a lot of Dexpot features. You're not running without it. The error message means the file is already present and can't be replaced, which is normal if Dexpot had already been started in your current Windows session. It's not a problem in this case, because the file hasn't changed for some versions.

TomTheToolman

Postby TomTheToolman » 11.06.2014 05:49:30

I just went though the same thing - again. The installer gave an error about not being able to open hooxpot.dll for writing. I went back to my notes and noticed I had encountered this before. The first time, I uninstalled (which worked) and reinstalled (which worked), but unfortunately I lost all of my hours of tweaking the settings.

This time around, I stopped the install, renamed hooxpot.dll to hooxpot-old.dll and hooxpot64.dll to hooxpot64-old.dll, and then the install went through without error. I then deleted the old files. IIRC, hooxpot-old.dll required elevated permission to delete it.

BTW, I got a message that one of those files was open in the Java Updater (?). I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Tom

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 13.06.2014 00:32:05

It's recommended to use the Dexpot updater in order to prevent this problem.

Return to “Support”