Need help streaming video in a virtual desktop.

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Svperstar

Need help streaming video in a virtual desktop.

Postby Svperstar » 18.03.2014 05:35:39

First thanks for this program I have tried 4 virtual desktop programs and so far Dexpot looks and feels the most professional.

I am a member of a video streaming community where people use a program called Procaster and stream video to Livestream. Basically the way it works is you stream your desktop with procaster, load up a video in VLC, and zoom in procaster so it just streams the video not your entire desktop.

Many members have multiple monitors so what they do is drag procaster/vlc to their 2nd monitor, start streaming, then switch back to their main monitor and can then continue to surf the web while the video streams.

I am on a laptop so hooking up a 2nd monitor is very inconvenient for me.

The problem I am having is I can launch VLC / procaster and start streaming, but then if I switch to another virtual desktop Procaster streams that desktop and does not focus on the 2nd desktop. I fooled around with the rules in Dexpot but I don't know how to make procaster "lock on" to the 2nd desktop and stay there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Return to “Support”