Some windows completely unreachable, have to kill process

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
dkarr
Lachende Köchin
Lachende Köchin

Some windows completely unreachable, have to kill process

Postby dkarr » 26.08.2013 21:27:38

I often get into a state where a window disappears from my desktop and in the desktop preview, but it's still registered in the Windows status bar. I can then hover my mouse over the icon in the Windows status bar, which then brings up the mini version of the window. Sometimes if I just click on that mini window it comes back. Sometimes that doesn't work, and I have to right-click on it and select "Move" and then hit a couple of arrow keys and then move my mouse, and the window appears in drag mode, so I can replace it.

However, sometimes it gets into a state where when I click on the mini window, either left-click or right-click, the mini window just goes away, not bringing up the original window or giving me the context menu to select "Move". When it gets into this state, my only recourse is to kill the process and restart it. This is exacerbated by the fact that this usually happens with my hardest-working window, from Eclipse, which is the most expensive process to kill and restart.

I'm in that state right now. I'll attach an excerpt of the last 1000 lines of my log, if that will help.
Attachments
excerpt.log
(57.63 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

NeoTheOne

Re: Some windows completely unreachable, have to kill proces

Postby NeoTheOne » 27.08.2013 09:41:32

Hello,

I have also already seen this kind of 'behavior', but not often.

In my case, this is happened with (modal) dialog boxes of some applications ('FreeFileSync' during sync, for example, if i remember).

The window of the dialog box disappears from desktop, after a desktop switch (and also from desktop preview).
The related application is, then, completely unusable.

The only thing to do, is to kill the application (I have not tried the 'Move' window trick).

Best regards

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 27.08.2013 23:28:17

:dex:

Eclipse in this case is called "SpringSource Tool Suite"? Do you have the "Keep all taskbar buttons visible" option enabled?

dkarr
Lachende Köchin
Lachende Köchin

Postby dkarr » 28.08.2013 00:29:02

Yes, Eclipse is STS, and yes, I have the "Keep all taskbar buttons visible" option enabled.

Return to “Support”