Invisible Mouse Cursor with Cursor XP

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
zhdali

Invisible Mouse Cursor with Cursor XP

Postby zhdali » 09.01.2005 20:34:56

Hi, today i discovered this software (for me one of the best multidesktop manager which i have tryed).

German not is my language, therefore i'm not able to know if other people had this trouble:

1) i use cursor xp.
2) when i switch through virtual desktops my mouse cursor disappear.

I must deactive and reactive cursorxp skin (ctr+shift+c) for every single desktop for see my cursor.

Any help, perhaps "desktop rules"?

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 09.01.2005 21:08:44

Hmkay, nabönd. :dex:

Tested CursorXP (By the way, it crashed Patrick's xp-user-account :giggle:, great and affordable software by "software giant" stardock...) and couldn't find any problems, my cursor doesn't disappear when switching from desktop to desktop. :)

Do you use a special theme or configuration? Windows 2000 or XP?
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Postby Guest » 11.01.2005 19:44:43

Sebastian wrote:Hmkay, nabönd. :dex:

Tested CursorXP (By the way, it crashed Patrick's xp-user-account :giggle:, great and affordable software by "software giant" stardock...) and couldn't find any problems, my cursor doesn't disappear when switching from desktop to desktop. :)

Do you use a special theme or configuration? Windows 2000 or XP?

I use windows 2000, no theme, only different colors scheme.

Alain

Postby Alain » 24.01.2005 21:13:21

Recently I discovered Dexpot 1.3 (witch appear has the best virtual desktop manager I seen), helas the same problem occurs with CursorXP.

The mouse cursor is present on the first desktop and when I switch from desktop to desktop it disappear. It reappear on the first desktop.

I use WinXP home SP1 (no theme) and CursorXP 1.3.

Sincerely.

Alain

Dave

Cursor XP

Postby Dave » 05.07.2005 00:51:58

I also use 'cursor xp' and had the problem of the cursor disapearing when changing desktop. The only way that worked for me was to use the 'mananger' to change desktops.

Even with the manager set to small icons I find it gets in the way at times.
Would be better if the Manager just consisted of short thin coloured lines down the right edge of the screen.

dserodio

I also experience this problem

Postby dserodio » 20.02.2006 21:02:09

I'm using Windows XP SP2, Dexpot 1.3, and my CursorXP mouse pointer also disappears when I change desktops. Unfortunately, I had to disable CursorXP for the time being.

JanW

Postby JanW » 10.04.2006 22:07:44

I found that CursorXP was conflicting with several other programs, not Dexpot alone. So I removed CursorXP; just like some other products from Stardock I tried.

Stardock products might look good, but when it causes problems with Windows programs (where Dexpot is just one of them) and those programs run fine without a Stardock product, then the answer is simple for me; I won't bother with it.

DarK

Solution

Postby DarK » 17.08.2006 23:12:58

I figured out how to fix this:

Create a rule where

Window Class is CursorXP
Copy to all Desktops

Set the rule to apply automatically. f1x0r3d. :cool:

CursorXP actually creates a small window, you can see a little square on the Preview. The window doesnt have a title, but it has a class name!

In case the devs are wondering, i'm running WinXP SP2, Dexpot 1.4, CursorXP 1.31, and Logitech mouseware 9.80. I wonder if the mouse driver has something to do with it... might explain why some people didnt experience the problem.

I experienced the exact same issues the first poster had. Mouse only on the 1st desktop on startup. Cycling cursorXP off and on would add it to that particular desktop for the rest of that session (until dexpot closed). Needed to go to every desktop and cycle cursorxp every time it started, kind of annoying.

BeeryHolstein

Postby BeeryHolstein » 14.10.2006 21:49:28

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Actually closin dexopt and I can't get to see my cursor back.

Workaround (Create a rule where Window Class is CursorXP, Copy to all Desktops) doesn't work for me.

I'm running WinXP SP2, Dexpot 1.4, CursorXP 1.31, and Logitech SetPoint 2.6

Thanks.

Postby Guest » 15.12.2006 20:50:18

BeeryHolstein wrote:Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Actually closin dexopt and I can't get to see my cursor back.

Workaround (Create a rule where Window Class is CursorXP, Copy to all Desktops) doesn't work for me.

I'm running WinXP SP2, Dexpot 1.4, CursorXP 1.31, and Logitech SetPoint 2.6

Thanks.

WinXP SP2, Dexpot 1.4 and CursorXP 1.31, the workaround did work for me, but only after restarting Dexpot. Let's hope it still works after the next reboot. :-)

Postby Guest » 12.03.2008 19:54:51

How do I create a class?

Nebel
Beta Tester

Postby Nebel » 12.03.2008 22:45:45

You do not create a class. Windows have classes and you make a rule according to these classes.
You can get the class of a window using the selection tool in Dexpot rules.

Regards
Schöne Grüße
Nebel

Postby Guest » 13.03.2008 00:56:27

How do I access the rules, then? All I need is a basic step-by-step instruction on how to make this change work.

Nebel
Beta Tester

Postby Nebel » 13.03.2008 11:00:24

Schöne Grüße

Nebel

Postby Guest » 13.03.2008 11:29:19

I got it! Thanks guys!

All right, for anyone else that finds this:

1. Open Dexpot, click Desktop Rules (just above About)
2. Click Assistant
3. Name the rule CursorXP
4. Under Condition 1,
Window Class is type CursorXP

5. Under Action 1, select Copy, and To all Desktops

You're all set!

Return to “Support”