Mouse Events Issue

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
strausd

Mouse Events Issue

Postby strausd » 14.01.2013 08:41:13

I just recently made the full switch to a Windows based workstation. I have been using Windows through Bootcamp in the past, and it has been great. Previously I have talked on the forums here about Mouse Events and how when multiple monitors are used and thus create a "corner" where the monitors are side by side, Mouse Events will not recognize it.

Well right now I have a 3 monitor set up. My main 24" in the middle, and 2 23" monitors, one on either side. The problem I am having now is that Mouse Events won't even register the corners at the very ends of the 23" monitors. This is not where two monitors come together, but a full edge on the end monitors. So still related to my other issue, but also a little different.

Previously, before doing extensive testing with multiple monitors, I found that only the corners in the orange circles in the attached image would not be registered by Mouse Events. But now that I have a third monitor and have been using Dexpot on a daily basis, I have found that none of the corners inside the orange or red circles are registered by Mouse Events.

Dexpot does a great job of simulating secondary monitors with virtual desktops. And when virtual desktops are combined with multiple monitors, it can be very powerful (much like in Snow Leopard and Hot Corners). However, Dexpot's implementation of hot corners with Mouse Events does not work at all if you have multiple monitors.

Anybody know if this will be fixed anytime soon?
Attachments
DexpotHotCorners.jpg
DexpotHotCorners.jpg (914.12 KiB) Viewed 2015 times

Patrick
Developer

Re: Mouse Events Issue

Postby Patrick » 14.01.2013 22:00:52

:dex:

The corners in the red circles should work with this version:

MouseEvents.exe
(71.5 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

[FAQ] Installation of plugins

strausd

Postby strausd » 14.01.2013 22:09:48

Patrick wrote::dex:

The corners in the red circles should work with this version:

MouseEvents.exe

[FAQ] Installation of plugins

Awesome, thanks. The red corners are working now. Is there a version in the works that will make the orange corners work?

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 14.01.2013 22:35:13

Yes.

Return to “Support”