Dexpot and slideshow desktop background in Win7?

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Lelilianth

Dexpot and slideshow desktop background in Win7?

Postby Lelilianth » 04.06.2010 20:43:12

I'm a pretty new user of Dexpot, and am absolutely enjoying its features-- makes my life so much easier I wonder how I managed for so long without it. :D

I'm currently on Vista 32-bit on my personal machine, and am scheduling an upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit Pro in two weeks or so. Meanwhile I've been using Windows 7 on my school computer, and one of the features of Win7 I've really gotten used to and excited about is the capability to use slideshows as desktop backgrounds. My question here is: Does Dexpot currently support that feature of Win7, and how far? I mean, if it's just the one desktop having a slideshow background and the others are all static? Will that work, or is it not possible at all and I'm going to be stuck with static wallpapers? I dream of a day when all 5 of my virtual desktops can each have their own slideshows running as backgrounds on my Win7 system, but I know that's probably too much work to hope for.

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Dexpot and slideshow desktop background in Win7?

Postby Sebastian » 04.06.2010 20:57:35

:dex:,

if you change the wallpaper through Dexpot, the Windows slideshow is disabled.

However, if 'Customize background' is diabled in Dexpot, the Windows slideshow takes place on every desktop.

We've already added your suggestion to our bug tracker.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Lelilianth

Postby Lelilianth » 04.06.2010 21:10:02

:o Thank you for the prompt reply! (Wasn't expecting one this fast, to be honest)

I'm glad the suggestion, which I now see someone else already seems to have made before, is already on the bugtracker list. Dare I think that a version or two down the road, Dexpot will pwn all other virtual desktop solutions for Windoze (and perhaps other systems too) when it comes to having desktop eyecandy? Here's to hoping!

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 04.06.2010 21:13:26

:dex:,

Lelilianth wrote:(Wasn't expecting one this fast, to be honest)

why?

Dexpot will pwn all other virtual desktop solutions for Windoze

Already does. Let's be honest. :giggle:
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Lelilianth

Postby Lelilianth » 04.06.2010 21:47:42

Well, timezones for starters. I'm up at an insane hour for my time, really. And still up, for that matter. Usually when I post questions to something in a forum based somewhere other than my home continent I get a delay in replies of a few hours to a day.

:) ... You're right. Dexpot IS more awesome than all the other stuff out there, and getting more and more awesome; I saw what's going on with the Rainmeter folks in that thread over in the other forum, and it looks good: I may even be tempted to use their stuff and dump widgets on my pristine desktop... Thanks for making such an awesome program!

Roman

Postby Roman » 04.06.2014 01:11:25

Is there any solution for problem with slideshow wallpapers? That would be grat feature... I hope you will manage this :)

Jaknet

Postby Jaknet » 07.06.2014 18:17:18

Roman wrote:Is there any solution for problem with slideshow wallpapers? That would be grat feature... I hope you will manage this :)

I really hope this does get done at sometime. It's the one thing stopping me from using Dexpot, not being able to have one desktop with a slideshow wallpaper and another one with a set static picture.

It just worries me that it was added to the bug tracker 4 years ago and still no sign, I'm guessing it's not that easy to implement. I guess just keep watching and hope as I've been doing for a while.

TenTwenty

Cycle backgrounds in a folder

Postby TenTwenty » 19.09.2014 08:29:47

Hi

Thx for a great program! :ok:

Would it be possible to configure the use of a folder for backgrounds like windows 7 to have the background cycle every x minutes for each desktop with a transition effect. Thus a seperate folder for each desktop.

The user must be able to enable or disable this future for those that only want to use a single background.

TenTwenty

Postby TenTwenty » 19.09.2014 09:36:35

Can we change the topic to Dexpot and slideshow desktop background in Win7 and Win 8

Would be a great future!!!! :ok: (nod)

Damascus

Postby Damascus » 18.05.2016 22:11:22

I hope it will be possible soon

Return to “Support”