Getting Rainlendar to work on all desktops...

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
TheFatherMind

Getting Rainlendar to work on all desktops...

Postby TheFatherMind » 30.11.2007 23:07:45

I have been playing with Dexpot 1.4 (464), what an amazing program.
I also use Rainlendar (A calendar program that integrates with your desktop).
I would like Rainlendar to show up on all of my desktops.
If rainlendar is running and I build a rule to have it show on all desktops and apply the rules it works flawlessly.
If I exit and rerun rainlendar the rule messes up the program.
I have yet to figure out how to configure the rule so that it will work with rainlendar properly and was hoping that someone could supply me with some assistance.

I saw it mentioned in the other forums, but they did not translate well enough to make a difference or seem to address my issue.

~ Merlin

Gobo

Postby Gobo » 01.12.2007 13:47:22

Hi Merlin,

I myself am using Dexpot & Rainlendar at work. The problem is, that - at least on my computer - there is a considerable time between the moment rainlendar.exe starts working, and the moment the Rainlendar window(s) - in my case calendar and appointments - become(s) visible.

And this is where Rainlendar slips through an (intended) loophole in Dexpot. I can't remember the exact reason, but for Dexpot to capture a window and apply a rule to it, the windows has to become visible within a certain time interval.

Now, there are two possibilities. If you want Rainlendar to show up on some, but not all desktops (as in my case), the best thing is you define the hotkey to "apply all rules", and press that one after Rainlendar becomes visible. Works fine for me.
But if you want Rainlendar to always show up on all desktops, there is another way, which is a bit more advanced, and works as follows:
  • Create a text file called "wechesl.ini" in the same directory as dexpot.exe (your Dexpot install path)
  • Into that textfile, write:

Code: Select all

[Exe]
rainlendar.exe=sticky
This will exclude Rainlendar completely from Dexpot, i.e. from hiding it when switching to another desktop.

Hope that helps! :D
Mit freundlichen Grüßen (wave)
Jochen Boy, Das Dexpot-Team
--
http://www.dexpot.de/

Hans

Postby Hans » 16.01.2008 11:15:52

Well, yes, but actually the filename is not wechesl.ini but wechsel.ini (already existing in the directory) and for those who use rainlendar2 (like me) it's of course rainlendar2.exe.

Great btw, cause I also wanted the minibar of winamp to appear on al desktops and with this it did. So thank you for revealling this 'hidden' feature.

Return to “Support”