Taskbar pager icons dont show

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
parityviolation

Taskbar pager icons dont show

Postby parityviolation » 11.04.2017 05:08:23

First of all, as I am a newbie to Dexpot and this forum, thanks for providing such a much needed tool for windows!

I originally wanted the taskbar pager to show the desktop names, but when I played around with the Manager Icon settings (in the "Configure Desktops"-window), I saw that I could place images on both the Desktop Manager as well as the taskbar pager. This worked just fine, but since I had to figure out how to manage the desktops first, I removed the images.

After I figured everything out, some of which only by accident as I couldn't find a working solution for my win7 system, I wanted to change the icons for the taskbar pager, but they dont show anymore. Only current windows are shown, if open on that desktop, otherwise grey emptyness.
The Manager Icon simply is ignored for whatever reason I dont understand.
I tried everything I can and read the forum and w^3 up and down, also tried the playing around with disabling the taskbar pager as well as changing the registry-entry "Taskbar Pager.DisableTransparency". But the Manager icon is still ignored.

Is there any way to make it work again ? (I admit, I did not try to re-install Dexpot)

Thanks very in advance!

parityviolation

Re: Taskbar pager icons dont show

Postby parityviolation » 11.04.2017 05:14:31

I forgot to add.

It's not just the taskbar pager that does not show the Manager icon anymore.

The desktop manager only shows the standard icons as well. I know that it worked before, though I dont use the Desktop Manager, because I prefer the taskbar pager!

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 12.04.2017 14:22:05

:dex:,

parityviolation wrote:It's not just the taskbar pager that does not show the Manager icon anymore.

the 'Taskbar Pager' doesn't show the images set for 'Desktop Manager' in general.
Regarding the 'Desktop Manager' icons: As you mentioned, these must be set in 'Configure Desktops'. Try re-setting them.
Does it show the icons of active windows (that's an option you can enable in 'Settings > Components > Desktop Manager')?
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

parityviolation

Postby parityviolation » 12.04.2017 15:27:06

I dont really know what I saw, but, apparently, either I stumbled upon some irreproducible bug that accidently behaved exactly like I wanted the taskpager to^^, or, the more likely scenario is that I halucinated.

The taskpager aside.... I found the reason why the Desktop Manager did not show the icon. In the Desktop Manager Tab under Components in the main settings window is an option "show active windows" or something the like... I had to turn it off for the Manager Icon to be displayed, which kind of does make sense^^

Thanks, anyways!!

Keep up the good work!!

Return to “Support”