One screen name appears on all screens (despite %G)

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
ratty

One screen name appears on all screens (despite %G)

Postby ratty » 22.03.2007 15:26:52

Hello there.

I need some help.

Dexpot 1.4.0. Win XP Pro/SP2. I use 8 dexpot screens.

The name of one of the screens (number 5) appears behind the correct name for any of the individual screens. In "Desktop Names" in Settings, I use "%G" to show I want the screen name to be displayed.

For example. "NAME 5" appears behind "NAME 1" and also behond "NAME 2" etc.

(1) When I close Dexpot my "NAME 5" is still showing (the name I use to identify screen 5).

(2) Even if I am in Dexpot and change the screen and then shut down Dexpot, then the label for screen 5 still remains on th background color.

(3) If I move the screen names to another position (using Settings) then they go there. But "NAME 5" is always shown in its usual posiiton.

(4) Restoring a backup config doesn't help either!

I am using single colors for each background. I have not seen this before in months of use.

Can anyone help me get rid of this unwanted "NAME 5" from all my 8 screens?

Thank you!
Mr Ratty

Nebel
Beta Tester

Postby Nebel » 22.03.2007 18:39:19

Hi,

did you try to deactivate the Desktop names? Try this and save your profile with another name. Change the Desktop to check, if "Name 5" has gone. Activate the names again. What happens now?

Regards
Schöne Grüße
Nebel

Postby Guest » 26.03.2007 21:57:31

Nebel wrote:Hi,

did you try to deactivate the Desktop names? Try this and save your profile with another name. Change the Desktop to check, if "Name 5" has gone. Activate the names again. What happens now?

Regards

I started to try this and then I found something silly: I had launched Dexpot twice. Oh no! One version was putting the text in one place and the other one in the other place!

Oh well. Thank you for your reply.

Return to “Support”