Firefox rule doesn't work correctly

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
jmadren

Firefox rule doesn't work correctly

Postby jmadren » 24.01.2007 17:13:57

I have Firefox on Desktop 1, and Outlook on Desktop 2. When I click on a web link in Outlook, it causes the Firefox window to appear also in Desktop 2. So, I created a rule to move Firefox windows to desktop 1, with follow enabled (just like in the English DexWiki article). But it doesn't work correctly. It does take me to Desktop 1, but it doesn't remove Firefox from Desktop 2. Then to further complicate things, while this rule is active, I can't get to the system menu of the Firefox window on Desktop 2 - it immediately switches me to Desktop 1, so that any action I perform from the system menu acts on the Firefox window on Desktop 1. I have to deactivate or delete the Firefox rule in order to remove the Firefox window from Desktop 2.

schoenborno

same problem

Postby schoenborno » 13.06.2007 23:28:33

Can't offer any help, but moral support :) I have the exact same problem. Not sure who is the culprit: outlook, FF, or dexpot. I have had to disable the rule.

xamphear

Postby xamphear » 18.10.2007 15:31:07

I'm pretty sure it's a FF/Dexpot issue, because this happens to me no matter what program I click on links from.

Return to “Support”