how to make current window (active window) always on top?

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker

how to make current window (active window) always on top?

Postby Guest » 20.11.2006 18:01:05

I know I can right click in the title bar and choose Dexpot | Always on Top, but what if I want a short cut for this?

First, I looked under Controls but I did not see this.

Next I tried to create a rule, but can not figure out how to apply a rule to just the active window. Is there a window class for the current window that's open/active?

Thanks!

Postby Guest » 21.11.2006 22:20:42

My way:

Settings > Controls > Title bars

Area: Title bar
Mouse button: Left
Modificator: Ctrl
Target: Active window
Action: Always on top
Add

Apply

Gobo

Postby Gobo » 22.11.2006 08:44:51

Hi there,

there is indeed no hotkey to make the current window 'always on top'. The title bar actions are at the moment the only way to do this (besides doing it via the window's system menu, but this is just a technical alternative, since it is much more circumstantial). Adding a hotkey for 'always on top' is suggestion worth thinking about ... :)

Rules unfortunately don't help here either. The conditions that can be defined for a rule (executable, window title, window class) are always specific to a certain window or group of windows, and once a window is created, they (with the exception of the window title) are invariant.

Anyway, I think the title bar actions are quite convenient way to do this. Plus, I don't see the point of defining every window 'always on top' when it becomes active, because once they're all flagged, it's the same as if none were flagged. Perhaps you could give us an example of what your idea behind this is ...
Mit freundlichen Grüßen (wave)
Jochen Boy, Das Dexpot-Team
--
http://www.dexpot.de/

Return to “Support”