Dexpot does not start with windows anymore

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
triekwel
Anfänger
Anfänger

Dexpot does not start with windows anymore

Postby triekwel » 28.06.2017 16:32:39

I'm using windows 10 latest version. Some time ago Dexpot stopped autostarting with windows and I have to start it manualy now.
Is this a known issue and is there a solution?

triekwel
Anfänger
Anfänger

Re: Dexpot does not start with windows anymore

Postby triekwel » 24.08.2017 16:07:07

Bumb, still no auto start

jacklh

Postby jacklh » 21.10.2018 01:36:59

I know this is an old post, but today I was looking for this answer and couldn't find one. I figured it out for Windows 10 and am posting my notes for future reference for posterity.

# ISSUE: Dexpot doesn't auto-launch anymore in Windows 10 after install and despite clicking the settings option to start during Windows startup.

# RESOLUTION: Add the following Windows registry entry (may require admin privileges):

1a. Press the "Windows Key" and "r" and type "regedit.exe" to launch the registry editor.
1b. Alternative is to use Cortana to search for "Command Prompt", then right-click and select "run as administrator" and then type "regedit.exe".
2. Navigate to the following key and add the following string value:
Key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Value Name: Dexpot
Value Data (String): C:\Program Files (x86)\Dexpot\Dexpot.exe
3. Logout and back in (or reboot) to confirm.

Gymnophoria

Postby Gymnophoria » 24.05.2024 12:41:40

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I had the same problem - looking at MSConfig Dexpot wasn't in Startup.

I simply went to settings in Dexpot, unticked "Start with Windows" and applied. Then ticked it again, and it appeared in the startup list.

Return to “Support”